Sunday, August 11, 2013

Bird Feeder Logic

SAD PARALLEL

>>> >     I bought a bird feeder. I hung it on my back porch and filled it
>>> with seed.  Within a week we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of the continuous flow of free and easily accessible food.
>>> >
>>> >     But then the birds started building nests in the boards of the
>>> patio, above the table, and next to the barbecue.  Then came the poop.  It was
>>>everywhere: on the patio tile, the chairs, the table...everywhere.
>>> Then some of the birds turned mean:  They would dive bomb me and try to peck
>>> me even though I had fed them out of my own pocket.  And others birds were
>>> 
>>> boisterous and loud:  They sat on the feeder and squawked and screamed
>>> at all hours of the day and night and demanded that I fill it when it got
>>> low on food.
>>> >
>>> >     After a while, I couldn't even sit on my own back porch anymore.
 I took down the bird feeder and in three days the birds were gone.  I
>>> cleaned up their mess and took down the many nests they had built all over the 
>>> >patio.  Soon, the back yard was like it used to be...quiet, serene and
>>> no one demanding their rights to a free meal.
>>> >
>>> >     Now lets see...our government gives out free food, subsidized
>>> housing, free medical care, free education and allows anyone born here to be a 
>>> >automatic citizen.  Then the illegals came by the tens of thousands.  
>>> >Suddenly our taxes went up to pay for free services; small apartments
>>> are housing 5 families: you have to wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency
>>> 
>>> >room doctor: you child's 2nd grade class is behind other schools
>>> because over half the class doesn't speak English: Corn Flakes now come in a 
>>> >bilingual box;  I have to press "one" to hear my bank talk to me in 
>>> >English, and people waving flags other than "Old Glory" are squawking
>>> and screaming in the streets, demanding more rights and free liberties.
>>> >
>>> >     Maybe it's time for the government to take down the bird feeder.

No comments:

Post a Comment