Thursday, April 25, 2013

TIME TO MAKE THIS BLOG INTO SOMETHING


OK!  I’ll be the first to admit that this blog has been overlooked.  I initially started it with high hopes and good intentions.  However, somewhere along the line I sidetracked myself.  I really got into the caption blog of mine and actually guess that is still more of a priority.  Yet I do want to get back into just writing about what I am thinking about at the moment.  Yet that won’t be easy.  My mind has a tendency to jump from topic to topic, keeping me from simply sitting down and writing for any length of time.  It reminds me of jobs that I have had in the past where distractions were commonplace.  Interruptions sometimes came fast and furious (no, I’m not referring to that little gun fiasco). 

So, just what should I do with this blog?  I love to write.  I frequent many sites where news is featured simply because I am interested in what is going on in the world, not just politically but economically and socially and whatever(ly).  In the political arena I might be referred to as one of those crackpot conspiracy theorists that the formal media and politicians like to marginalize while they spin the version of the facts.  It matters not that most investigative journalism stopped about the time a guy named Jack Anderson retired.  I remember him being sued many times after he wrote about certain subjects.  He was supposedly at the top of Richard Nixon’s Most Hated list, and the story exists that the Nixon White House actually considered having him killed.  A nemesis is never popular when you are attempting to hide things.  Did you know that the evening news stories often come in the same order on several networks?  I used to have two television sets set up so I could watch two channels at once.  I checked the three major networks from time to time and was amazed to see that at first, until I learned later that news organizations often get their news from press releases put out by the government.  A journalist may be denied press passes to certain events if the irritate the powers to be, so they tread soft and conveniently overlook many things.  That’s why I no longer have cable and rely on the internet for my news.

But I don’t really want to write a pure political blog.  So I won’t.  I may interject my two cents worth from time to time, but I’ll just make this blog a sort of a potpourri of things.  I can use it to talk about gender identity issues.  I will also add excerpts from a story on me, written in the form of an interview.  People say I should make a book out of it but I think there are already a lot of books out there on the topic.  And I only have about 40,000 words and feel that I would almost need to write 20,000 more to cover everything.  I have tried to get more questions from people, but with no luck.  I’m not really good about just sitting down and talking about me.  But if asked a question, I have no problem answering it.  I prefer to write about what people want to know about me, sexual identity and the struggles that I have gone through in my years.  I don’t simply want to make assumptions about what I think people want to read.

Consequently, if you have a legitimate and reasonable question, ask! 

No comments:

Post a Comment