Thursday, August 15, 2013

the druggist

The Pharmacist

>Upon arriving home, a husband was met at the door by his sobbing wife.
>Tearfully she explained, "It's the druggist. He insulted me terribly this
>morning on the phone. I had to call multiple times before he would even
>answer the phone."

>Immediately, the husband drove downtown to confront the druggist and demand
>an apology.  Before he could say more than a word or two, the druggist told him 
"Now, just a minute, listen to my side of it. This morning the alarm failed to go
>off, so I was late getting up. I went without breakfast and hurried out to
>the car, just to realize that I'd locked the house with both house and car
>keys inside and had to break a window to get my keys.

>"Then, driving a little too fast, I got a speeding ticket.  Later, when I was about three blocks from the store, I had a flat tire."

>"When I finally got to the store a bunch of people were waiting for me to
>open up. I got the store opened and started waiting on these people, all
>the time the darn phone was ringing off the hook."

>He continued, "Then I had to break a roll of nickels against the cash
>register drawer to make change, and they spilled all over the floor. I had
>to get down on my hands and knees to pick up the nickels and the phone was
>still ringing. When I came up I cracked my head on the open cash drawer,
>which made me stagger back against a showcase with a bunch of perfume
>bottles on it. Half of them hit the floor and broke."

>"Meanwhile, the phone is still ringing with no let up, and I finally got
>back to answer it. It was your wife. She wanted to know how to use a rectal
>thermometer.

And believe me mister, as God is my witness, all I did was tell her."

No comments:

Post a Comment