Tuesday, November 12, 2013

On Facebook

I was asleep on Facebook last night when I saw someone I know post this comment.  (I know the situation she is commenting about as she explained that to me last week.)


I have learned this year that more people are untruthful than I have ever met in my life. And me being honest about my life and past has only hurt me. People are so mean. This is why I have walls. And this is why my walls are going up taller and expanding wider than ever before. People suck. Trust is everything to me. You trample on our trust, you trample on our relationship. Forever.


after I woke up a few processes of my tiny, already asleep, grey matter, I managed to send this off to her........


....as I speak from experience in this arena, putting up the walls only helps to protect you from the painful emotional hurt, yet at the same time it can deprive you of the happiness you seek and erect a barrier between you and other humans.  I am certainly not going to dispute the fact that an increasingly number of people, at least in this country, are becoming untruthful and mean.  Add in biased, intolerant, two-faced and superficial too......  Protecting your rear and blaming others for your shortcomings have become the fads in new game play.  Perhaps the secret is learning to appreciate yourself in a manner that holds the betrayal of others in a place that does not allow it to harm you.  Learn from the interactions with people like those of whom you speak, but don't penalize the others who would benefit from getting to know the true you.............just thinking, for what it's worth...  


so, why did I post this?  actually, I have no idea.....




No comments:

Post a Comment