Sunday, October 20, 2013

Personally, I Think This Is So Adorable.......................

After 9 months of planning, I surprised my girlfriend of 4 years with a proposal! 



I had got her hooked by saying that my uni's art department was having a photo scavenger hunt with a prize at the end. I made several cards with the info on them and had one of my art friends pass it out at our building on Main Street. We had went all up and down the street during a city-wide celebration(which closed down Main St.) snapping photos of items, like one would do during a photo scavenger hunt.  

This picture was taken just after the second-to-last one on our list...


The LAST thing we had to hunt for was a message in a bottle hidden under the benches. I had originally ordered some magnets(how do they work?) to hide a tiny slip of paper under one of the benches, but proposal morning I noticed that the benches were made of wood. 

 I ended up just having it in my pocket and 'finding it' after she went off and looked under the other benches.


Here we are taking a picture of the message/reading it. It said something to the effect of "Scratch off the paint on the back of the card!"


We couldn't find anything good to scratch it with, so I suggested we get it wet. I made sure to use goauche(a water-based paint) to ensure that we could scratch it off. The message said... "Turn around!" 


Needless to say, she was surprised.



REALLY surprised.


Mother-of-the-Bride in the background, not a creepy videographer bystander. This is probably in the top 5 of biggest hugs I've ever gotten.


She was laughing like this for the rest of the evening.


The scavenger hunt card. She said it fooled her because like a 'real designer made it'. Not sure if that's an insult or a compliment. 


Here she is demonstrating one of the reasons I love her: Her ability to levitate.


Just your typical black and white photo. (Ha!)


I can't wait to call her my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment